How to Prepare For a Exposed Spray Tan
A Exposed Sunless Spray Tan is the perfect way to darken pale skin without absorbing the harmful UV rays from the sun. Creating the perfect tan requires a little preparation beforehand, as does any masterpiece!
Exposed Spray Tanning Preparation:
The Day Before the Session
- Shower with a moisturising body wash. Use a body wash with a pH balance and avoid soap at all costs.
- Exfoliation is vital scrubbing will cleanse the skin and slough off dry and dead skin cells. After exfoliating, a smooth texture is exposed and the outer most cells of the skin will be prepared to receive the Exposed Spray tan evenly. Do not use an oil-based exfoliator as the oil left on the skin may act as barrier and hinder the results.
- Be sure to Moisturise's after exfoliation.
- Do not using any products like deodorants, perfumes, lotions, moisturisers, or make-up before the session. Applying these products to the skin can create unwanted results after you have been spray tanned.
- Shave or wax a day before the spray tanning procedure. Your pores should be closed during the procedure so that you don’t obtain a spotty tan.
- Wear a disposable g-string, bra, and a hair cap. This will protect your private areas and your hair from being exposed to the solution.
- Apply a barrier cream or moisturiser on your nails and palms to keep them from tanning.
- Wear dark and loose clothes after you have been spray tanned to avoid any residue smudges.
- If you want to extend the life of your tan, avoid water, saunas, spas, physical exercise, swimming, and tight or rough material clothing. All these fade the tan unevenly. Sweating also leads to streaks so avoid physical and strenuous activities.
- Apply a tan extender daily everyday to maintain your spray tan. Using a tanning lotion daily will extend the life of your tan for up to at least 15 days. And when the tan does fade, it will fade evenly, which means you can avoid any blotchiness.
- Do not use soap or scrubs while showering after you have been spray tanned. These exfoliate the skin and fade the colour of your tan.
- You should also avoid showering with extremely hot water as this can easily irritate the skin.
- Avoid shaving or waxing after the spray tan session. These remove the hair along with the upper surface of the skin which has just been spray tanned.
- Do not rub; instead pat dry yourself after showering. Rubbing will only create an exfoliating effect that will remove the dead skin cells from your body. These dead skin cells have the tanning colour locked on them so you don’t want to get rid of them anytime soon!
- After drying off, moisturise. This is vital for spray tan preparation. Apply a hydrating cream so that your spray tan remains intact. When your skin is hydrated and smooth, the tanned cells will flake off. Remember to moisturise at least twice a day for optimum results!